Breast Cancer Nursing Seminar Series
Breast cancer nursing seminar series is planned for nurses working in different nursing units of SKMCH&RC and other hospitals in the city. The aim of this workshop is to enhance nurses’ knowledge and skills to provide efficient and competent nursing care to breast cancer patients.
By the end of seminar series, participants should be able to:
- Discuss importance of breast care awareness
- Identify signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- Describe epidemiology and risk factors contributing to breast cancer.
- Discuss diagnostic procedures and prognostic factors.
- Explain treatment methodologies of breast cancer.
- Describe patient education and psychological support.
- Relate sexuality issues of breast cancer patients.
Seminars are open to All Nurses within the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center. Nurses from other hospitals are also invited to attend this educational activity.
- Importance of breast care awareness
- Signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- Epidemiology and risk factors contributing to breast cancer.
- Diagnostic procedures and prognostic factors.
- Treatment methodologies of breast cancer.
- Radiotherapy/chemotherapy/ hormonal therapies
- Patient education, Breast prosthesis services, breast care support group, and psychological support.
- Symptoms management
- Sexuality issues of breast cancer patients.