Diploma for Operating Room Technicians
The OR Technicians Diploma will be spread over 12 months comprise of 96hours theoretical studies and 340 hours clinical practice /assessment undertaken during within the morning and evening duty hours in OR Department.
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the function of OR job responsibilities of a technician.
- Describe the team work approach in Operating Room.
- Discuss anatomy and physiology and related medical terms.
- Apply communication and human relationship skills.
- Discuss importance of regulation, standards, and quality assurance
- Understand basic microbiology and related definitions for infection prevention and control.
- Demonstrate hand hygiene and identify the personal protective attires
- Discuss environmental concerns in Operating Room.
- Identify simple and complex surgical instruments
- Discuss and demonstrate equipment handling in Operating Room.
- Employed as OR Technicians in SKMCH & RC Operation Theater
Teaching Strategies: Lecture/Discussion, Audiovisuals, demonstration and return demonstration of standardized instruments.