Infection Prevention and Control Workshop
The infection prevention and control workshop is intended to enhance Knowledge among health care workers specifically nurses aiming to minimize Hospital Acquired Infections / Health-Care Associated Infections within the facility. Its ultimate aim is to improve the safety of patients, health care professionals, visitors and environment.
- Describe basic terms used in infection prevention and control.
- Identify structure and function of infection control team in a health care setting.
- Understand basics of Microbiology.
- Describe the mechanism of spread of infection and strategies for its prevention and control.
- Demonstrate standard and transmission-based precautions.
- Discuss SKMCH & RC policies of waste management.
- Discuss the implication of surveillance in clinical practice.
In-service workshop given within first year of employment at nursing division of SKMCH&RC and is to be repeated after every 2 years. (the workshop can be offered to the external nurses upon institutions request)
- Organization/Structure of Infection Control Team
- Clinical Microbiology
- Infectious Disease Process and Mechanism of Control
- Standard and Transmission Based Techniques
- Employee Health
- Surveillance for Health-Care Associated Infection