Nursing Risk Management/Quality Assurance Workshop
By the end of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Discuss various policies and procedures available at SKMCH&RC, Nursing Division and departments.
- Understand hospital Quality Management System
- Discuss role of International Standardization Organization (ISO) in Quality Management
- Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA)
- Punjab Health Commission (PHC)
- Recognize nursing responsibility related to patients ethics, confidentiality, & legality to informed consent.
- Identify National & international professional bodies to govern the safety and quality standards.
- Demonstrate understanding of safety concern & codes used at SKMCH&RC.
This is an in-service workshop given within first year of employment at Nursing Division of SKMCH&RC. The workshop can be offered to the external nurses upon institutions request.
- Policies & Procedures Manuals & their Location:
- Standard Operating Procedures (Part of ISO quality Manual).
- Royal Marsden Hospital Manual as a reference guide for clinical nursing procedures.
- Over view of Quality Management System (ISO, PHC & JCIA):
- Quality Documents
- Audit process
- Corrective/Preventive Action Report & effectiveness follow up process.
- Ethics, confidentiality and legal rights of patient/family & others.
- Safety Concern (personnel & environment).
- Emergency Codes used at SKMCH&RC:
- Code Blue (Medical Emergency& Cardiac arrest)
- Code Red Fire (Fire & disastrous situation)
- HIS Codes (Amber, Red & Green).
- Code yellow (Gas & Chemical Spillage)