Management of Oral Mucocitis Workshop
This workshop is planned for registered nurses working at different nursing units of SKMCH&C. It is intended to improve nurses’ knowledge and practices related to management of oral mucositis in cancer patients receiving different treatment modalities. The overall aim is to enhance patients’ quality of life through nursing management of oral problems.
At completion of the workshop the participants will be able to:
- Define oral mucositis or stomatitis and describe pathophysiology and, signs and symptoms of oral mucositis.
- Identify causes of oral mucositis in cancer patients.
- Discuss the impacts on patient’s quality of life and treatment plan.
- Demonstrate oral assessment through application of WHO’s grading system.
- Discuss medical and nursing management of mucositis according to the oral care protocol.
In-service workshop given within first year of employment at nursing division of SKMCH&RC and is to be repeated every two years. (The workshop can be offered to the external nurses upon institutions request)