Post-RN Diploma in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing
This 1-year Post-RN Diploma in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing is consists of 12 core modules along with 6 supplementary modules. The curriculum of this course fosters critical thinking, decision-making, knowledge-based actions, reflective practice, professional and technical skills. At completion of diploma the nurses will be able to:
- Work professionally as an Emergency & Critical Care Nurse and deliver individualized quality care to the critically ill patient and the family.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability by using knowledge, skills, expertise and experience within the professional, legal and ethical boundaries in nursing care decision making.
- Identify personal, social and environmental factors that affect attitudes towards health and illness.
- Apply current nursing developments and techniques in accordance with the Institutional and National Codes of Practice and Policies, and the changing Health Care System.
- Develop nursing research skills to utilize research and evidence based findings in Emergency & Critical Care Nursing settings.
- Demonstrate reflective skills on knowledge and skills in clinical practice and in situational decision making.
- Diploma in General Nursing at least 60 % marks and above.
- Must have achieved minimum 50% marks in Matric. Candidates who have completed General Nursing after 1995 will have to be Matriculate with Science Minimum 50% marks in Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics) or equivalent. Intermediate with Science is preferable.
- Diploma in General Nursing with minimum 50% and above from a Pakistan Nursing Council recognized institution.
- Diploma in Midwifery (Females only) with minimum 50% and above from a Pakistan Nursing Council recognized institution.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN) GPA 2.5 (minimum) from a Pakistan Nursing Council recognized institution
- At least 2-years’ experience as a Registered Nurse from any institution or hospital recognized by Pakistan Nursing Council (preferably experience in emergency and critical care unit).
- Current registration with Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC).
Why this Course?
In Emergency & Critical Care settings the patients require complex assessment, high-intensity therapies and intervention, and continuous nursing vigilance. Inventions of new technologies and treatment approaches have increased numbers of severely ill patients’ survival with a corresponding need for specialized Emergency & Critical Nursing Care. This course enables nurses to deal with the issues relating to complexity of patient care in a life threatening situation.
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
- Foundations of Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Professional Practice in Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Special Populations in Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Leadership & Management in Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Teaching and Learning in Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Respiratory System Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Cardiovascular System Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Hematologic, Lymphatic & Endocrine Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Gastro-System Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Genito-Urinary System-Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Neurological Emergencies & Critical Illness
- Integumentary & Musculoskeletal System Emergencies & Critical Illness
- English Language Course
- Computer Skills in Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Research Awareness
- Advanced Concepts in Nursing
- Developing Emergency & Critical Care Nursing Practice