Stoma Care and Wound Management Workshop
This workshop is offered by Nursing Division of SKMCH&RC in coordination with Alterna. The workshop is marked to enhance knowledge and skills of Registered Nurses working at SKMCH&RC in handling and management of different types of stomas competently. Nurses working in other Hospitals are also encouraged to participate.
- Discuss modern methods of stoma and wound management.
- Demonstrate management of different types of stomas.
- Recognize stoma management products (appliances) and their use.
- Demonstrate management of stoma related and skin complications.
In-service workshop given within first year of employment at nursing division of SKMCH&RC and is to be repeated biannually.
- Modern concepts of wound management.
- Process of wound healing.
- Classification of modern dressings and specification of their use.
- Management of complication of stoma and peri-stomal skin.
- Different types of wound management products and method of their applications.
- Case presentations.