Background: Bashir-Alavi award has been co-founded by Dr Humayun Bashir and Professor Abass Alavi. Dr Humayun Bashir is a consultant in Nuclear Medicine, Kent & Canterbury Hospital, UK, and an alumni of SKMCH&RC, he sets up this award in memory of his father Ajaz Bashir. Dr Abass Alavi is a world-renowned Physician-scientist and Professor of Radiology at the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Objective: To acknowledge the cancer research carried out in Pakistan. Researchers, clinicians and scientists from across the country are invited to submit their best publications for evaluation by a scientific committee of experts.
- Papers published in PubMed indexed journals in the year 2020.
- Research work related to cancer carried out in an institution in Pakistan.
Award value: USD 250 (equivalent in PKR)
Winner of the award will be announced as part of the annual Shaukat Khanum Cancer Symposium proceedings.
- All submissions are to be made via email to ‘email@example.com‘ with the title: “Submission for Bashir-Alavi Award 2021“.
- Submission closing date: September 30, 2021.
- Submission must include:
- Published article (PDF)
- Contact details of the corresponding author for the publication. Please ensure that only one submission is made for each paper and by the corresponding author or an authorized nominee.
Contact person: Shaukat Khanum Cancer Symposium Secretariate