28th Shaukat Khanum Birthday Card Competition
Twenty-eight years ago, on December 29th, 1994 the foundation of a dream was laid down in the form of the first specialized cancer hospital of Pakistan, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre. Over the past two decades, it has evolved into becoming one of the finest institutions of healthcare, providing treatment to hundreds and thousands of cancer patients every year free of cost. Since then, hospital has dealt with several challenges which includes the COVID-19 pandemic but never closed its operations, even for a single day. Having faced all these challenges it has become imperative that we do not give up and continue our mission of fighting cancer.
Over the years, support from all tiers of society, including students, has enabled the growing network of the Shaukat Khanum Healthcare System to become Pakistan’s strength against cancer. Today, we have two specialized cancer hospitals in Lahore and Peshawar and we are building Pakistan’s third and largest cancer hospital in Karachi. Students have played an unforgettable role throughout this journey of hope against cancer with their unrelenting commitment and efforts.
To celebrate anniversary of our hospital in Lahore and Peshawar, we invite all eligible students from around the globe to participate in the Birthday Card Competition being organised by the Shaukat Khanum Tigers’ Club. Please follow the guidelines to participate in the competition.
Guidelines for Submission
- Students from all around the world (class 1 till O levels/Matric) are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The theme of birthday card competition is; Building Hope Against Cancer
- Each piece of artwork sent as a birthday card must be the work of the entrant alone. Group entries will not be accepted.
- Dimensions of cards should be 5” x 7”.
- Any medium can be used to make the card (i.e., pencil/charcoal/pastels/water colors/oil paints/color pencils/markers/collage/poster paints)
- Please ensure that particulars of students i.e., Name, Class, School’s Name, and Phone Number are sent along with the submission/entry or written at the back side otherwise it won’t be entertained/accepted. (Overseas students refer to last point for submission)
- Entries of all local participants of a school must be sent enclosed in an envelope.
- Schools must send a ‘Verification letter’ for the entries of students on their letter head, signed and stamped along with the list including student’s particulars as mentioned above.
- All entries sent to be a part of the competition becomes the property of Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club and will not be returned to the entrant.
- The jury shall have the right to accept or reject any qualifications as it deems. All decisions made by the jury shall be final.
- The entries will be judged and reviewed by management committee. The criteria to shortlist the entry will be;
- Originality of the composition
- Relevance to the SKMCH&RC cause/theme.
- The presentation of the card
- Any other relevant factors that may be deemed appropriate by the jury members.
- The entries will be judged on basis of following criteria;
- 15 cards will be shortlisted by jury members for each class out of which top three winners will be announced on basis of jury’s decision.
- 10 best cards will be posted for online voting to get top three viewer’s choice winners in each of mentioned categories i.e., class 1-4, class 5-8, and class 9-O levels/Matric.
- The online voting will start on 28th December, 2022 and ends on 1st January, 2023 till 5:00 pm.
- The last day for submissions is December 20th, 2022 till 5:00 pm.
- All winners will be announced on Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club Facebook page on 2nd January, 2023.
- The winning cards will be uploaded on the official website at shaukatkhanum.org.pk and Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club facebook page after announcement of results and can be used in the future campaign(s) of SKMCH&RC.
- The winners will be awarded shields and certificates at acknowledgement ceremony to be held at by Shaukat Khanum Tigers club. (Date for the ceremony will be confirmed later)
- Local students are required to send all submissions to:
Shaukat Khanum Tigers’ Club
Marketing & Resource Development Department
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
7A, Block R-3, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan.
Tel: +92 42 3590 5000 Ext 7015
- Overseas students can participate by sending images/photos of their hand-made birthday cards at email@example.com . The email must include following particulars;
- Father’s name
- Residential Address
- Zip Code
- Email address
- Attachment in email (Picture of the Birthday card)