Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Karachi (our newly built tertiary care cancer facility), requires the services of a full-time Consultant Gastroenterologist in the Department of Internal Medicine. The appointee will be expected to provide medical expertise in the day-to-day management of cancer patients. The primary role is to supervise and be responsible for the care of cancer patients with gastroenterological illness, and to advise colleagues in the optimal management of such illness. The individual will be expected to work with and support the established multidisciplinary site-specific teams and to be fully involved in the ongoing education, training, and research activities of the department.
The appointed individual will be expected to be fully trained in both luminal and solid-organ gastroenterology and to be au fait with the latest endoscopic techniques, including, but not limited to, diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy, ERCP, enteroscopy/capsule endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound, as well as in advanced endoscopic techniques, such as EMR, ESD, EUS-FNA and so forth.
- MRCP, FRCS, FRCR, FCA, MRCPath (or other appropriate qualification), together with evidence of completion of speciality training.
- American Boards, with appropriate sub-speciality boards where applicable.
- FCPS with evidence of completion of speciality training, appropriate sub-speciality qualification, where applicable and a minimum of three years of approved overseas experience
- Full and unencumbered registration with the PMDC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills