We are looking for highly-motivated and committed individuals to fill positions as senior instructors in the Department of Medical Oncology at the SKMCH & RC, Lahore.
After an initial period of supervision, senior instructors work with a considerable degree of clinical independence. After completing two-years at SKMCH & RC, Lahore, the appointee will be required to complete a mandatory two-year period of overseas training at an affiliated institution in the US, UK, Canada (or alternative approved location). The hospital will facilitate the candidate in arranging such a position. Following successful completion of this training, the candidate will be eligible to be appointed to a full time consultant position at one of our hospitals, in Lahore, Peshawar or in Karachi.
The appointed individual will be expected to provide clinical care to patients in various specialties - lung cancer, gastro-intestinal cancer, hepato-biliary cancer, head and neck cancer, breast cancer, brain tumours. The appointee will be expected to develop close collaborative links with clinicians working in his/her specialty as well as with other specialties and allied staff within the Hospital. He/she will be expected to participate in the academic activities of the department including presentations, research, audit, and teaching junior doctors and nurses.
Publish Date: Wednesday November 2, 2016
- Full FCPS in internal medicine and full FCPS in medical oncology.
- Initial full FCPS (for example in Medicine or in Paediatrics) together with the full sub-speciality FCPS (such as in medical oncology, infectious diseases, gastroenterology, and so forth, as examples).
- Full registration with PMDC.
- Must have evidence of experience/training in the relevant discipline/specialty.
- Additional qualifications (sub-specialty fellowship) will be an advantage.
- Required scores for GMC (UK) in the academic version of IELTS
- Ability to prioritize and manage stress.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Effective time management and commitment to team work.