The position is meant to supervise all activities related to maintenance and improvement of clinical and service quality within the hospital. The appointee will be required to develop and maintain an effective and efficient hospital wide QMS program and will play a vital role in risk management and supervising the patient feedback system. The post-holder will work closely with clinical and non-clinical departments as a resource, and as a facilitator for their quality improvement initiatives. These include supporting, JCI accreditation, development and monitoring of departmental indicators, facilitation of the development of clinical pathways and conducting or assisting in clinical audits.
Publish Date: Thursday January 6, 2022
Closing Date: Thursday January 20, 2022
- BS/M.S. in Total Quality Management or equivalent. OR
- Medical Graduate M.B. B.S. or equivalent. OR
- Master's in Public Health or Business/ Health Administration.
- At least seven (7) years' experience in a healthcare institution (preferably JCI accredited) with at least 2-3 years in supervisory capacity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to monitor, analyze and interpret data.
- Working knowledge and job experience of systems/standards related to ISO- QMS, & JCIA accreditation.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external customers such as healthcare staff & vendors.
- Ability to work in close association of the physician community.
- Computer literate, specifically with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise and conduct audits, seminars, workshops and educational sessions for hospital staff.
Note:COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for the candidates to appear in interviews.