Pharmacy at SKMCH&RC, Lahore
The Department of Pharmacy provides integrated, cost-effective pharmaceutical care to both inpatients and outpatients. These patient-focused services include medication delivery, therapeutic drug monitoring, and promotion of optimal drug therapy. Our clinical Pharmacists works as an integral member of health care team to achieve desired therapeutic outcomes, prevent or minimize drug-related problems, and improve medication use.
The department consists of a Dispensing Pharmacy, Aseptic Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy, Inpatient Pharmacy, Drug Information Services and Satellite Pharmacy. With the objective “To Ensure the Optimization of Pharmaceutical Care to all Patients”, the department ensures excellence in quality through high quality medicinal products, qualified and well-trained staff of Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Assistants.
Our Inpatient Pharmacy supplies round the clock medication to the hospital’s inpatients as well as the wards. Pharmacy personnel check the patients’ prescriptions for accuracy and appropriateness of treatment at the point of dispensing as well as before the administration of medications. Upon discharge, patients are counseled on their discharged medications before leaving the hospital. In Outpatient Pharmacy, Prescriptions from both internal and external doctors are accepted here. A wide range of medications including our specialty chemo drugs are available at the Outpatient Pharmacy including controlled medications as well as customized preparations including Total Parental Nutrition to those patients who are not on natural diet. Our Aseptic Pharmacy staffed by personnel trained in chemotherapy drug reconstitution techniques. This ensures patients’ chemotherapy drugs are prepared correctly under sterile area and are safe to use by both the patients and the nurses administering the oncology treatment.
To advance our mission, the department provides a supportive environment for professional training and development. One residency training programs is being offered including internship program and clerkship rotations to the students in hospital pharmacy.
Department of Pharmacy takes keen interest in providing training and educational services that can be gauged from the periodical Pharmacy News Letter and the compiled Hospital Formulary. We have a comprehensive Internship program for fresh pharmacy graduate from various Universities of the country as well as foreign Pharmacists.
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume IX, Issue#2, 2019)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume IX, Issue#1, 2019)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VIII, Issue#3, 2018)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VIII, Issue#2, 2018)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VIII, Issue#1, 2018)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VII, Issue#4, 2017)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VII, Issue#3, 2017)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VII, Issue#2, 2017)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VII, Issue#1, 2017)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VI, Issue#4, 2016)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VI, Issue#3, 2016)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VI, Issue#2, 2016)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume VI, Issue#1, 2016)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume V, Issue#4, 2015)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume V, Issue#3, 2015)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume V, Issue#2, 2015)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume V, Issue#1, 2015)
- Pharmacy Newsletter (Volume IV, Issue#1, 2014)
Pharmacy Internship Program – Karachi Diagnostic Centre and Clinic
Pharmacy is actively involved and participated in all clinical research studies conducted at SKMCH&RC. Pharmacy is responsible to manage the drug storage, preparation, dispensing and drug accountability.
Department of Pharmacy also conducted in-house research including medication errors, drug utilization review; clinical efficacy of new drug added in the formulary and also headed patient care related research in collaboration with local universities scholars.
Awards, Certifications & Affiliations
The Department of Pharmacy is ISO certified and accredited from Joint Commission International.