Radiology at SKMCH&RC, Peshawar
The Radiology Department at SKMCH&RC, Peshawar provides advanced radiological diagnostic services for various oncological and non-oncological conditions. It is equipped with state-of-the-art scanners having the capability and capacity to perform various imaging investigations while ensuring quality and safety checks at all stages. Images are processed and analyzed on dedicated workstations and archived on the Picture Archiving Communications System [PACS], accessible throughout the Hospital, making it a filmless digital setup.
Following facilities are available:
- PET/CT scanning for diagnosis, staging and response assessment for various oncological and non-oncological conditions.
- A highly advanced 1.5 Tesla MRI machine with wide bore, capable of high resolution scanning including Multiparametric Hepatic and Prostate Scans, Dynamic Breast MRI and Musculoskeletal System Imaging.
- Latest 128 slice CT scan capable of performing fast paced and precise scans with high spatial resolution. CT Imaging includes but is not limited to Multiphasic Abdomino-Pelvic scans, Intra and Extra Cranial Carotid Angiograms, Peripheral CT Angiograms and CT Enterography.
- Ultrasound and CT guided superficial and deep biopsies including Breast, Lymph Nodes, Liver, Lung, Soft Tissue and Bone.
- Ultrasound scanning including Abdominal, Pelvic, Breast and Thyroid.
- Doppler/Duplex Vascular Ultrasound for Peripheral Arterial and Venous Systems including Peripheral Arterial Doppler, Carotid Doppler and Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) assessments can be exclusively performed at the Hospital
- Digital Mammography.
- All types of Digital X-rays