World No Tobacco Day – Poster Competition 2023
Smoking increases the risk of at least fifteen different kinds of cancers. Nearly 40% of cancers in adult males seen at Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre can be linked to the use of tobacco while 90,000 people die from tobacco related cases annually in Pakistan. Today, tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of cancer.
In line with its mission, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre is launching its annual Anti-Tobacco Campaign to help raise awareness about the harmful effects of smoking and tobacco related products. We invite you to join us in this campaign against tobacco by participating in the World No Tobacco Day Poster Competition which is being organized among students. We hope to be able to raise awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco with your support.
Guidelines for Participation
- Students from all around the world (class 3 till A levels/F.A. /F.Sc.) are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The theme of poster competition is;
“Jab cigarette jalta hai cancer palta hai” or Smoking breathes life into cancer
- Each piece of artwork sent as an entry for poster competition must be the work of the entrant alone. Group entries will not be accepted.
- Dimensions of poster should be 8.5″ x 11″ (Letter-Size) or a regular chart paper size.
- Any medium can be used to make the poster (i.e., pencil/charcoal/pastels/water colors/oil paints/color pencils/markers/collage/poster paints).
- Please ensure that particulars of students i.e., Name, Class, School’s Name, and Phone Number are sent along with the submission/entry or written at the back side otherwise it won’t be entertained/accepted. (Overseas students refer to last point for submission)
- Entries of all local participants of a school must be sent enclosed in an envelope.
- Schools must send a ‘Verification letter’ for the entries of students on their letter head, signed and stamped along with the list including student’s particulars as mentioned above.
- All entries sent to be a part of the competition becomes the property of Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club and will not be returned to the entrant.
- The jury shall have the right to accept or reject any qualifications as it deems. All decisions made by the jury shall be final.
- The entries will be judged and reviewed by management committee. The criteria to shortlist the entry will be;
- Originality of the composition
- Relevance to the theme.
- The presentation of the poster
- Any other relevant factors that may be deemed appropriate by the jury members.
- The entries will be judged on basis of following criteria;
- 10 posters will be shortlisted by jury members for each class out of which top three winners will be announced on basis of jury’s decision.
- 10 best posters will be posted for online voting to get top three viewer’s choice winners in each of mentioned categories i.e., class 3-5, class 6-8, and class 9-A levels/F.Sc./FA.
- The last day for submissions is May 25th, 2023 till 5:00 pm.
- The online voting (for viewer’s choice) will start on 26th May and ends on 29th May, 2023 till 5:00 pm.
- All winners will be announced on Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club Facebook page on 31st May, 2023.
- The winning posters will be uploaded on the official website at shaukatkhanum.org.pk and Shaukat Khanum Tigers Club Facebook page after announcement of results and can be used in the future campaign(s) of SKMCH&RC.
- The winners will be awarded shields and certificates at acknowledgement ceremony to be held by Shaukat Khanum Tigers club. (Date for the ceremony will be confirmed later)
- Local students are required to send all submissions to:
Shaukat Khanum Tigers’ Club
Marketing & Resource Development Department
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
7A, Block R-3, Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan.
Tel: +92 42 3590 5000 Ext 7015
Overseas students can participate by sending images/photos of their hand-made posters at email@example.com . The email must include following particulars;
- Father’s name
- Residential Address
- Zip Code
- Email address
- Attachment in email (Picture of the Poster)