Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign 2016
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women around the world. Unfortunately, Pakistan has the highest incidence of breast cancer in Asia. At Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (SKMCH&RC) breast cancer continues to be the highest malignancy reported and currently being treated over the years. The causes of breast cancer are not yet know with certainty and research into this continues. Nevertheless, studies have shown that early detection of breast cancer can result in a survival rate of over 90%.
Breast Cancer Awareness Activities
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Hospital
- Pink day at female colleges and universities followed by a breast cancer awareness session by medical staff
- Breast Cancer Awareness Session in corporates
- Grooming session for breast cancer patients being treated at SKMCH&RC
- Articles on Breast Cancer
Note: Breast Cancer Awareness Leaflets are available at the Hospital.