Fellowship in Paediatric Oncology
Applications are invited for a three-year Fellowship in Paediatrics Oncology, approved by CPSP Pakistan. The Hospital receives approximately 300 new paediatrics cancer patients annually. All paediatrics patients are treated by teams of highly-trained paediatrics, radiation and surgical oncologists. The Paediatrics Oncology department consists of an Inpatient ward, a chemotherapy bay and outpatient clinics.
We offer a unique learning experience where the fellows will be able to experience the multidisciplinary approach to patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders.
SKMCH&RC places a strong emphasis on research, with a number of cancer treatment trials in progress at any given time. Fellows will be trained in the inpatient and outpatient management of complex cancer cases and management of oncologic emergencies, as well as in relevant aspects of clinical and radiation oncology, oncologic radiology, supportive care and research methodology.
- The selected candidate(s) will rotate through various site specialized oncology teams over 3 years to allow exposure to day-to-day practice of ambulatory and inpatient haematology / oncology. They will be supervised by consultant paediatrics oncologists during each attachment with regular appraisals to ensure adequate progress in training.
- The selected candidate(s) will be involved in patient care in outpatient clinics, inpatient floors, and the chemotherapy bay.
- They will participate in an on call rota for assessment and management of patients.
- They will be expected to participate in the academic activities of the department including presentations, research, audit, and teaching medical officers and visiting elective students.
- FCPS (Paediatrics)
- Full PMDC Registration
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and patients
- Good computer skills
- Competitive salary, professional growth, continuous education and excellent work environment
- Free medical cover for: employees, their spouses and children up to 18 years of age
- ISO certified environment.
Note: We regret only short listed candidates will be notified.